Public Comment Sought on Tentative Fishing Regulations
Meetings Will Be Held in Glasgow and Havre
August 14, 2019
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Region 6 will host two open houses to seek public comment on the proposed changes to the fishing regulations that will go into effect in 2020 and be in place through 2024.
Meeting location and dates are:
· Glasgow – Tues., August 20, at the Busted Knuckle Brewery (North Room)
· Havre – Thurs., August 22, at the Best Western Plus (1425 Highway 2 NW)
Both open house meetings will run from 6:30 pm – 8:30pm.
In Region Six there are several proposed changes, including:
· Ice shelter removal timelines
· Clarifying the trout limits in the Missouri River below Fort Peck Dam
· Paddlefish rules reorganization
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks undergoes major fishing regulation revisions every four years. This nearly year-long process focuses on public comment and involvement including open houses across the state. The two scheduled open houses will focus on the tentative regulations with a formal comment period that will end September 13.
“Please plan to attend these meetings if you have anything you would like to discuss or share,” said FWP Region 6 Fisheries Program Manager Steve Dalbey. “We look forward to meeting with interested anglers and talking about regulations and fisheries in general.”