News Briefs for Nov. 10, 2021
November 10, 2021
Twin Kennedy to Perform at GHS
Twin Kennedy will perform at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 at Glasghow High School.
Their musical bond is as strong as their small town roots – Twin Kennedy, comprised of West Coast Canadian twins Carli and Julie Kennedy, have been making music together since they could talk. Born and raised in the small town of Powell River, BC, Twin Kennedy grew up perfecting their sibling harmonies and dynamic live performances, while making their name known throughout their small community as a family band.
Growing up in such a musically infused family, it is no wonder that these sisters crafted their sound through a unique fusion of their background in country, folk, jazz and classical music. With years of classical training, including their Bachelor's Degrees in Music Performance from the University of Victoria, the sisters have found their home in country music.
With Carli on vocals and guitar, and Julie on vocals and fiddle, these petite powerhouses will fill your soul with joy and warmth through their seamless harmonies and heartfelt songwriting.
No bond compares to that of sisters, and the same is to be said about the blend of their kindred voices.
Twin Kennedy's family-friendly show has been a hit across North America. Now based in Nashville, TN, the duo crisscrosses the continent multiple times a year, receiving standing ovations everywhere they go.
The sisters have commanded some of the top stages in Canada and beyond including performances at Canada Place, Canadian Music Week, Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Sunfest, Rockin' River Music Festival, Vancouver Olympics, Live at Heart Festival in Sweden and Nashville's iconic Bluebird Café.
Get ready to cozy up at one of their famously intimate shows – "These two girls are 100% made for the stage and made to entertain!" (Nashville Music Examiner)
• Adults: $15.00
• Seniors: $13.00
• Students: $10.00
Block of Bucks Sign-up Deadline Nears
Warm clothing for youngsters (infant to 17 years) is the goal set by local Soroptimists, and the final day for families to sign up at the Soroptimist Thrift Store, located at 227 4th St S, is Friday, Nov. 19 at 4 p.m.
In keeping with the policy followed by past years, youngsters will be getting only clothing – no toys.
Those who have signed up and have since found that they cannot attend shopping day are asked to please contact Teresa Tade at 263-4794.
Soroptimists, with the assistance of volunteers oversee the shopping spree on Saturday, December 4th.
Volunteers are needed to help on this day. Any amount of volunteered time given would be greatly appreciated.
Volunteers are asked to please report to the Elks on December 4th at 8:45 a.m.
Be watching for Soroptimist members, Student council members, and other local volunteers, as they will be on the corners in downtown Glasgow on Friday, December 3rd collecting cash donations for this project.
This worthwhile project would not be possible without the generosity of the Valley County residents and businesses.
6x6 Art Square Silent Auction
The Squares have arrived and have been displayed in the Gallery window at 523 2nd Ave. So.
To place a bid, visit the Gallery or call Mary at 406-230-0148.
Mary will place bids on the bid sheet with the time she received the call.
All bids begin at $25 with $5 increments.
Bidding closes at 6 p.m. Nov. 21, with a reception TBD.
The funds raised by this event will be shared with three recipients
1. $100 will fund a gift card to Dick Blick to a graduating Senior planning to study an art related field (student will be recommended by teacher based on diligence and talent)
2. 25% of funds will be gifted to Jennifer Rae of Jennifer Rae Photography. She is collecting clothes and personal items to present to children in foster care who arrive in their new homes with nothing of their own.
3. What is left,will help defray costs of children's art classes toward materials and supplies at the Gallery.
1. Lily Grondahl - Williston, ND; Acrylic
2. Katie Busch - Ft. Peck, MT; Acrylic
3. Cindi High - Austin, TX, Caran d'Ache and Watercolor
4. Andy Fahlgren - Glasgow, MT; Oil
5. Nathan Leonard - Cypress, TX; Acrylic
6. Melissa Abila - Portland, OR; Oil
7. Leith DeWeese - St. Marie, MT; Acrylic
8. Leith DeWeese - St. Marie MT; Acrylic
9. Leith DeWeese - St. Marie, MT.; Acrylic
10. Whitney Paju - Glasgow, MT; Acrylic
11. Whitney Paju - Glasgow, Mt, Acrylic
12. Mary Honrud - Opheim, MT; Acrylic
13. Jake Dix - Glasgow, MT; Oil Pastel
14. Ann Patterson Bishop; Helena, MT; Acrylic
15. Carol Ann Oster; Glasgow, MT; Wheat Straw Paper
16. Emma Harms; Malta, MT; Acrylic
17. Bridget Stiverson; Glasgow, MT; Fused Glass