Magruder's Garage Opened In 1917

 

Courtesy of Valley County Historical Society / For The Courier

This photo is from the inside of Magruder's garage that was located on the corner of 2nd Street and 1st Avenue S outh.The Magruder family came to Glasgow around 1898. Harry Magruder was born in 1880 and opened up the family garage, formerly known as Magruder Motor Co., in 1917. He managed the garage until he passed away in 1944. After his death, his oldest son, Paul, and his wife Gladys, took ownership of the business. They also owned and operated a bulk gasoline distributorship, delivering gasoline and oil products in Phillips, Valley and Roosevelt counties during the construction days of the Fort Peck Dam.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 10/02/2018 09:58