The Beginning of Wheeler, Montana

 

Valley County Historical Society / For The Courier

This photo is of Wheeler, a town that was adjacent to the Fort Peck Dam site, built on a barren hill. It was taken July 30, 1934. The community was named after Sen. Burton K. Wheeler, Montana's senior senator. Wheeler no longer exists, and hardly a trace remains in the area. While this photo just shows the beginnings of the town, it grew much larger in size by the end of the Fort Peck Dam project.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018