Dorothy Lynn Bell
Dorothy Lynn (Larson) Bell, 91, passed away on Saturday, March 11, 2017, at Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital in Glasgow, Mont.
She was born in Rupert, Idaho, on Oct. 1, 1925, to Irvin W. and Doris Larson, and was raised in Saco. She was involved in band, sports, church, and many community activities. After graduation, she attended the University of Montana and was a member of the University Symphony Orchestra and Alpha Chi sorority.
In 1944, she married Carl W. Bell in Everett, Wash., prior to his service in World War II. During his deployment, she returned to Saco and post war they resided in Malta where they raised six children, moving to Glasgow in 1957. She worked alongside her husband at Bell Mortuary. She was active in the Congregational Church, Eastern Star, Rainbow for Girls, and was a member of American Legion Auxiliary Post 41 in Glasgow for 48 years. She was an organist, artist, seamstress, potter, knitter and an amazing cook. Her greatest gift was parenting her six children.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one sister, Laurece; one brother, Ellis; two sons-in-law, Marvin Edwards and Scott Alexander; and a grandson, Daniel Cunneen.
Survivors include her husband, Carl W. Bell of Glasgow; six children, Cherie Edwards of Chinook, Steve Bell and his wife, Vickie, of Glasgow, Kathy Sather and her husband, Terry, of Billings, Kari Wiens and her husband, Richard, of Glasgow, Kent Bell and his wife, Kathy, of Glasgow, and Jenny Cunneen and her husband, Mick, of Billings; 20 grandchildren, Camia Savage, Tyler Edwards, Eric Edwards, Sean Edwards, Nicole Gleason, Lisa Ball, Jenna Marsalek, April Sather, Amber Sather, Ben Sather, Christopher Wiens, Nathan Wiens, Jonathan Wiens, SaraAnn Rasmusan, Brian Bell, Katie Maehl, Brad Bell, Seth Cunneen, Kara Cunneen and Tessa Berl; and 41 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held at Bell Mortuary in Glasgow on Tuesday, March 14, at 11 a.m., followed by interment at the Highland Cemetery. A luncheon followed at the Evangelical Church. Bell Mortuary of Glasgow was in charge of arrangements.