This photo is of Wheeler, a town that was adjacent to the Fort Peck Dam site, built on a barren hill. It was taken July 30, 1934. The community was named after Sen. Burton K. Wheeler, Montana's senior senator. Wheeler no longer exists, and hardly a trace remains in the area. While this photo just shows the beginnings of the town, it grew much larger in size by the end of the Fort Peck Dam project.