The Glasgow Courier - Serving Proudly As The Voice Of Valley County Since 1913

 
 

T-33 Jet Trainer Moved To Pioneer Museum in 1968

 

Courtesy of Valley County Historical Society / For The Courier

In 1968 a T-33 jet trainer was moved from the Glasgow airport to a pedestal at the future site of the museum in Glasgow. The jet was donated to the city of Glasgow by the Aerospace Defense Command's 13th Fighter Interceptor Squadron on May 24, 1967, and it sat at the airport until it was moved in July 1968. It was placed to serve as a reminder of the bustling Air Force base that used to be where St. Marie is now.





 

Reader Comments

(0)
 
 
 
Rendered 11/06/2014 08:43