The Glasgow Courier - Serving Proudly As The Voice Of Valley County Since 1913

 
 

Avondale Thrived Before 1935

 

This is an Avondale celebration community picnic on the Porcupine. Homesteaders came to the small community in 1910. The town of Avondale was established in 1915. It had a general store, post office, gas station, blacksmith, cafe, hotel and patriotic school. Due to the location, far from the railroad, and the drought and Depression, the community disappeared around 1935.







 

Reader Comments

(0)
 
 
 
Rendered 11/05/2014 19:43